Colors Queen Fantasy Shimmer Highlighter
Colors Queen Glam Highlighter Shimmer Brick
Colors Queen Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter
A Beginners Guide To Highlighter
If you’re someone who seeks to enhance your overall appearance with a touch of radiance, highlighters can be a valuable addition to your makeup vanity. Including highlighters into your routine allows you to create captivating looks. These versatile highlighters play a vital role in accentuating your facial features and achieving a show-stopping effect. By strategically applying highlighters, you can create a youthful and vibrant look with highlighters for face makeup. Highlighter cosmetics infuse a sense of freshness, revitalizing your overall visage and leaving you with a radiant glow.
Different Types Of Highlighter
Highlighters for face makeup come in different forms, each with its own advantages and suitability for specific makeup preferences. Here are some popular types of highlighters and their unique qualities:
- Cream Highlighters: Cream highlighters offer a natural glow that effortlessly melts onto your skin. They are particularly beneficial for individuals with dry or mature skin, as they provide a dewy finish and help hydrate the skin.
- Powder Highlighters: Powder highlighters are an excellent option, especially for beginners in the world of makeup. Packaged in a compressed powder pan, they are a fundamental tool found in every makeup kit. Powder highlighters settle on the top of your cheekbones, drawing attention to them and creating a luminous effect.
- Stick Highlighters: Stick highlighters are a great choice for makeup newcomers. They are incredibly easy to use and enhance the high points of your face, such as the cheekbones, brow bone, and cupid’s bow. The stick format allows for precise application and effortless blending.
- Liquid Highlighters: Liquid highlighters require a certain level of proficiency when it comes to application. When used correctly, they can accentuate your features and make them pop. Liquid highlighters provide a radiant and dewy finish, and they can be mixed with foundation or applied alone for a subtle glow.
How to Use a Highlighter on Your Face?
Exploring Different Areas to Apply Highlighter: Step-by-Step Guide. Highlighter application extends beyond your cheekbones. Discover how to apply best highlighter in various areas of your face with the following step-by-step guide:
- Choose the Right Shade: Always select a highlighter shade that complements your skin tone and matches your overall look. This ensures a seamless blend with your complexion.
- Use the Appropriate Tools: For powder highlighters, an angled fluffy fan brush works best. When working with liquid highlighters, a sponge is the ideal choice for smooth application.
- Prep Your Face: After applying foundation, concealer, and your basic makeup, you’re ready to add the finishing touch with highlighter.
- Start with Cheekbones: Begin by sweeping the highlighter diagonally across your cheekbones, starting from the apples of your cheeks and extending towards your temples. This technique accentuates your cheekbones and adds a natural glow.
- Highlight the Nose Bridge: Contour your nose first, then apply highlighter along the bridge of your nose. This technique helps create the illusion of a longer, narrower nose.
- Add Dimension to Forehead: Apply a touch of highlighter in the center of your forehead and near the temple area. This adds dimension and draws attention to your forehead.
- Brighten Under-Eye Area: Use a small eyeshadow brush to apply highlighter under your eyes and at the inner corners. This brightens the area and enhances your eye makeup.
- Enhance Cupid’s Bow and Brow Bone: Apply a subtle amount of highlighter to your cupid’s bow (the center of your upper lip) and your brow bone. This technique lifts these areas and brings focus to them.
- Accentuate the Chin: Apply a small amount of highlighter to the center of your chin, accentuating its shape and adding a subtle glow.